If you’re like me, you like to drop gift hints here and there to your significant other ahead of special occasions…hoping to avoid receiving gifts that you really don’t want or need….or like!
So in hopes of the special mom in your life receiving a lovely and thoughtful and useful gift this Mother’s Day, I’ve pulled together a list of spectacular things that I would love, and would recommend for anyone still wondering about what to buy.
- Fragrances – For those women who don’t have fragrance allergies and enjoy spritzing themselves with a lovely scent, these are some of my favourite classics (and they are available at Shoppers Drug Mart, where you can spend points or collect points with your purchase!):
2. Jewellery – You can never go wrong with new jewellery, and it doesn’t have to be expensive to be nice! Some of my picks include:
3. Books & Accessories – If she is an enthusiastic reader, always looking to get her hands on the newest novel out there, here are some good bets, along with some mugs to drink her coffee/tea/water while reading or travelling; also a unique locally hand-made bag with the best fabric designs:
4. Home decor – Beautiful and locally-made home decor signs for your home (or get a custom-made one!), and stunning mid-century modern plant stands:
5. Portuguese Culture gifts – lovely ideas to give much saudade to the Portuguese women in your life or to those who love anything Portuguese:
But of course, nothing is so valuable as a tender, thoughtfully-made home-made card, complete with written words of love and appreciation. This gift has no link, no monetary value, but is the best gift of all. I’m sure all mothers would agree.
Happy shopping! XOXO